Announcing the 6th Annual
Memorial Scholarship Fund
August 14, 2010
Whispering Spring Farm
In 2010 the Maryland Dressage Association, Inc., will accept properly submitted scores for MDA’s Year End Awards from this show. You will be using the Caitlin Ben- Dror entry form/hold harmless, class list and rules.
** Entry Form and Scholarships Forms at bottom.
The Caitlin Ben-Dror Memorial Scholarship is given to an FEI Young Rider and there are also some local scholarships given at the show.
The August 14, 2010 show at Whispering Spring farm is the primary fund raiser for the scholarship fund. The dressage show begins at 8:30 A.M. with class prizes, perpetual plaques, & Dover gift certificates awarded to the high point winners in each division.
The local scholarships will be awarded during lunch on show day. The 2010 FEI Young Rider Scholarship will be announced at the show as well, although the winner may not be present.
Admission to the show is free & all are welcome. There will be auctions, raffles, Cait and Nick t-shirts, craft items and food sales to raise funds for the Caitlin Ben-Dror Memorial Scholarship Fund. Caitlin was a talented and much loved dressage rider, teacher, trainer and friend whose life was cut short by an automobile accident. Caitlin was a 2004 Susquehannock HS graduate. The memorial scholarships are meant to give other young riders the chance to live out their dreams. Further information about the show & scholarships can be obtained by calling Deb Cousin at 717-235-5930 or Whispering Spring Farm at 717-993-5327. You may also contact Deb Cousin by Email: email@example.com
CAITLIN BEN-DROR MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND DRESSAGE SHOW 2010
1. USDF Introductory Test 1
2. 2. USDF Introductory Test 2
3. USA EQ Training Level Test 1 – Limit*
4. USA EQ Training Level Test 1 – Open
5. USA EQ Training Level Test 2
6. USA EQ Training Level Test 3
7. USA EQ Training Level Test 4
8. USA EQ First Level Test 1—Limit*
9. USA EQ First Level Test 1—Open
10. USA EQ First Level Test 2
11. USA EQ First Level Test 3
12. USA EQ First Level Test 4
13. USA EQ Second Level Test of Choice++
14. USA EQ Third Level Test of Choice++
15. USA EQ Fourth Level Test of Choice++
16. FEI Test of Choice++
17. Musical Freestyle Level of Choice – up to 1st
18. Musical Freestyle Level of Choice – 2nd & above
19. Pas de Deux or Quadrille - Level of Choice
DRESSAGE RULES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Entry fees are $25.00 per class including exhibitions. Riders may be limited to 2 classes, if necessary, to accommodate a maximum number of riders. Please list your classes in preferential order so the show secretary can enter you in the proper classes.
2. Classes are pinned to 6 places. Ties are broken by collective scores.
3. * Limit classes open only to horses who have won less than 3 blue ribbons at the level
4. High Point Awards given for single highest score at Intro/Training Level/ First Level, 2nd level and everything musical.
5. The show committee will reserve the right to split or combine classes as necessary.
6. All entries must be accompanied by check or money order made out to Caitlin Ben-Dror Memorial Scholarship Fund. Entries must also include proof of negative coggins within one year of the date of the show.
7. Opening Date 5-24-10.
8. Closing date is 8-6-10. Entries are accepted on a first come basis.
9. Times will be emailed – if you do not have email please call show organizer to request your times
10. Casual attire permitted at the schooling shows consisting of a solid color polo shirt with collar and solid color breeches. Braiding is optional. However, formal dress is always appreciated. Appropriate headgear required at all times. Junior riders are required to wear ASTM approved hard hats with harness.
11. Ribbons will not be pinned until your show number has been returned (We are not charging a pinning fee this year). If you are riding in more than 1 class, this rule applies to the last class in which you compete.
Mail entries to: Deb Cousin OR Margaret Hawkins
13438 Bonair Rd. 19403 Dutton Rd.
Glen Rock, Pa. 17327 Stewartstown, PA. 17363
Directions to Whispering Springs Farm
From 83 South, proceed into Maryland & get off at Freeland Rd., Exit 37. Turn right off exit ramp. At light, turn right onto Susquehanna Trail. Take the first right onto Stewartstown Road. Go 1 ½ miles & turn right onto Dutton Road. Go ½ mile to Whispering Springs Farm on the left.
From 83 North, get off at Exit 36. Turn right off exit ramp onto Route 439 (toward MD Line). Go ¼ mile to the stop sign and turn right onto Route 45, Susquehanna Trail. Follow directions above from light..
Entry Form (PDF)
Scholarship Form $500.00 (PDF)